also open for Twilight Tour August 18th from 5:30-8:30 PM
- 10-foot multi-slide pocket doors looking out over the ski resort’s terrain
- Wide-planked oak flooring finished on-site
- Marble and limestone floors and walls in every bathroom
- Custom-made walnut cabinets in the kitchen
- Imported 8-foot walnut doors throughout the home
- Price: Contact for details
- Lot Size: 3.65 acres
- Heated Square Feet: 4,006
- Total Square Feet: 5,706
- Designer: Big Art Building Corp.
- Interior Designer: Inspired Living Design — John Patterson, Jeffrey Valdez
- Architect: Blue Sky Studio
Casa Big Art
This home balances functional and utilitarian design to create a “lived-in artwork” aesthetic. To achieve this result, Big Art Building Corp. drew heavily on natural materials and even modified the original design to fulfill this vision as the home’s creative process unfolded. Stone, metal, and wood interiors craft a contemporary look that feels inviting rather than cold or impersonal, so future residents can feel comfortable in their home. Instead of sharp-edged porcelain (a common finish found in many contemporary-style homes), every bathroom features marble and limestone floors and walls, creating a sense of calm. Expanding upon the warm contemporary theme, Big Art installed custom-made walnut cabinets in the kitchen and imported walnut doors throughout the home. The house’s position on its several-acre lot capitalizes on Northern New Mexico’s astounding natural beauty and affords picture-perfect views of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains and Ski Santa Fe.
Pictured: The Big Art Building Corp. team
Photo: Courtesy of the builder
About the Builder
Owner Mark Schwebel, a veteran in the industry with 40 years of experience building single-family homes, oversees Big Art Building Corp. Over the decades, Schwebel has built a wide variety of unique homes, honing his skills and growing his awareness of the possibilities of every project.
Get address & directions
Photography (SFAHBA 2023 Parade)