1218 Siler Road
- Net-zero solar array that allows for 100 percent owner-paid utilities for all residents
- Low water-use fixtures
- Hybrid hot-water heaters
- Energy-efficient mini-split HVAC units
- Large flexible studio space in each unit with exterior access
- Playground, basketball court, community garden, community gallery, and community laundry facility
- Price: Contact for unit availability
- Lot Size: 5 acres
- Heated Square Feet: 64,200
- Total Square Feet: 64,200
- Architect: Atkin Olshin Schade Architects, MASS Design Group, Trey Jordan Architecture, da Silva Architecture, Surroundings Studio
Live/Work Space at Siler Yard Apartments
A collaborative process led to the design of Siler Yard apartments, which is built on land the City of Santa Fe donated. Architects, planners, and developers engaged with a large and diverse group of creative professionals to craft design principles, refine the building and site program, and evaluate the design as it developed.
The eight residential buildings are either two or three stories and contain a range of bedroom configurations. The two- and three-bedroom units are all two stories tall and are typically situated above one-bedroom units. Buildings have both corrugated metal siding and sloped roofs, which are harmonious with the neighborhood’s industrial aesthetic, and stucco and flat roofs, which are more typical of Santa Fe. Designers envision the stucco surfaces, particularly the end walls, as blank canvases on which creative residents can showcase their work.
Units are designed to enable live/work functionality. Bedrooms and bathrooms are nestled in more private zones, while kitchens are left open within the living/studio space.
Pictured: Inter-Faith Group
Photo: Courtesy of the builder
About the Builder
New Mexico Inter-Faith Housing is a nonprofit affordable housing developer that creates multifamily units throughout the state. The nonprofit currently has two properties in New Mexico: Siler Yard apartments in Santa Fe and an acquisition rehab in Carlsbad. NMIFH was awarded $10 million in federal affordable housing tax credits for the construction of Siler Yard in 2019.
Get address & directions
Photography (SFAHBA 2023 Parade)