117 Old Cash Ranch Road
- Comfortable, quiet, and resilient (certified PHIUS+ 2018 Source Zero)
- Five existing follies in the compound
- Electric vehicle charging capacity
- 20,000-gallon buried cistern to reclaim roof water
- Price: Not for sale
- Lot Size: 160 acres
- Heated Square Feet: 4,024
- Total Square Feet: 4,849
- Interior Designer: Jody Kent and Jennifer Isaacson
- Architect: Miguel da Silva
- Structural Engineer: Cyrus Consulting
- ME&P Engineer: Staengl Engineering
- Energy Modeling: Kreger Design Build
- Phius 3rd Party Verifier: Evergreen Building Solutions
High-Performance Ranch Headquarters Residence
Ranch Headquarters is a single-family home in the former Cash Ranch Headquarters compound. It’s located in the foothills of the Ortiz Mountains along the usually dry but sometimes raging Arroyo Chorro.
Stylistically, the residence is regional contemporary. Details such as metal roofs, earth-toned stucco, local stone, and glowing accents of Douglas fir are at home in the context of a working ranch.
Systemically, the residence is a high-performance passive building. It incorporates all the pillars in the local and global push for resilient sustainability. These include super-insulation, draft-proof/airtight construction, continuous ventilation with energy recovery, and the minimization of thermal bridges (points where heat and cold can pass through).
Environmentally, the residence is quiet and flooded with light. The kitchen/dining area with roof terrace above creates a transition between the home’s public and private domains and segues between indoors and outdoors. Large sliding doors access a barbecue smoker terrace to the east and a stone cistern terrace to the west.
Pictured: From Left to Right:
Jim Evans and Miguel da Silva
Photo: Courtesy of the builder
About the Builder
For more than 20 years, J. M. Evans has provided quality construction services in Santa Fe and Northern New Mexico, providing products such as custom homes, historical renovation, remodeling, commercial structures, and tenant improvements.
About the Architect
da Silva Architecture promotes contemporary regionalism throughout New Mexico through the design of buildings that are elegant, comfortable, and energy efficient.
Get address & directions
Photography (SFAHBA 2023 Parade)